In today’s age, being a handsome man or a gorgeous woman and looking your best all the time, is not easy. How do you make the best first impression? How do you always appear fresh and rejuvenated? How do you put the best foot forwards, towards taking care of your skin and hair and your appearance? Believe it or not, these things are a major deciding factor when it comes to your next big career move!
Which makeup product is the best suitable one for you? How do you manage to hide the dark circles (dark pigmentation) below the eyes? Will that mascara really give your eyelashes a beautiful and fuller look? Which is the best shampoo for your hair that would not cause them to dry out? Everybody wishes to look beautiful, handsome and glowing! Everyone longs for a radiant, healthy skin. Regardless of how much make up you wear every day, or how often you colour your hair or a hair spa done, the quest for the best beauty products can get you really burned out! So, why not look for the best beauty tips & remedies, which can be carried out at home, without spending a lot of time or money?!
Yes, getting a flawless, glowing skin is possible now with cosmetic dermatology evolving continuously and enhancing beauty with science.
However, with limited time to meet our daily needs, and if there is no medical intervention needed, some grandmas home based remedies as well as some minor tricks may do the job for us occasionally and bail us out. You will be saving on your penny and the best part of the treatment is that it is chemical-free!
Read on to find more information about these top household remedies for beautiful skin and hair:
- Soak 5-6 almonds in milk and keep it overnight. Next day morning, peel off the almond skin and crush the almonds soaked in milk, into a thin paste. To make the paste even thinner, few more spoons of milk can be added. Apply this mixture to the face and neck. Wait till it dries up. After the mixture has dried up, rinse it off gently using warm water. This can work wonderfully, if you suffer from dark circles below-your-eyes.
Men & Women with oily skin: Please remember that this is NOT going to work for your skin, since milk can result in an extra layer of moisture and in turn make the skin oilier. Nevertheless, this can work wonderfully for men and women with normal and/or dry skin.
- Crush 2 lemons and squash out the juice out of them. Put 3-4 drops of honey in this juice and mix it thoroughly. With the help of a cotton ball, apply this mixture over the face and neck few times and allow it to dry. After it has dried up, wash your face with normal temperature water. Your skin would start glowing over a period of time.
- Crush a small part of banana, around the size of your thumb, completely. Add to it, half a spoon of curd and 2 drops of honey. This concoction is rubbed over the face and it’s a great remedy to get rid of the blemishes on your skin. You may even add 1-2 freshly ground almonds to this mixture for some exfoliating (scaling off) action.
- Take cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply it on to the face and neck. Rinse off completely after drying up. Cucumber gives a cooling effect to your skin. Also, these together cause the skin to lighten. The best part being, this remedy is suitable for all skin types.
- Mix 2-3 spoons of curd with half a spoon of haldi (turmeric). Add to it, about 2-3 drops of honey and half a lemon’s juice. Make a fine paste and apply it over the face and neck. Honey imparts a glow to your skin and the lemon and curd help in moisturizing and skin lightening. Also, one more benefit being, the antiseptic properties of turmeric make this one a perfect treatment for those with acne.
- The peel of banana can be used as a glowing agent for the skin on the face. This gives desired results when used in the early morning hours and at bed time.
- Take about 2 teaspoons of besan (gram flour), a pinch of turmeric and about half a lemon’s juice. Make it into a paste using rose water. Apply it all over the face and neck and after it has been dried up, rinse it off. It gives your skin a tremendous cooling effect, particularly if you live in a humid area. As besan helps in exfoliation, you may also make use of this as a ‘facial scrub’.
- Papaya can also make your skin look beautiful and glowing. What you have to do is, either put alone a papaya in a blender and have its juice or mix it with oatmeal and have it together.
- Honey is the best natural product which can be used as a glowing agent. Take half cup of bengalgram flour and 2 spoons of honey. If sandal powder is available, add the same to it and make it into a fine paste. This mixture when applied to the face, will give a radiant glow to the skin.
- Keep some rose water in the refrigerator. Apply it all over the face when you get back home after a tired day at work. It is a very good natural toner for open pores.
- Fresh Potato peels can be applied on the under eye area for 10 minutes daily to lighten the skin.
- Drinking / applying Fresh aloevera juice/ spirulina extracts have been found to benefit in improving the quality of the skin.
- Application of beer to the hair for a few minutes before hair wash can aid to make the hair soft.
- Take a mixture of 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 drops of Vitamin E. Apply this over your hair. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes on your hair. Then rinse and shampoo your hair. This will make your hair texture improve and your hair will become softer.
- Mash 8 strawberries with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Massage this mixture into washed hair. Cover your head with a shower cap, and then with a warm towel. Wash it off with shampoo and conditioner. This treatment will impart a rich gloss to your hair.
- Glycerine and juice of half a lemon can also help in making your skin beautiful. This mixture is to be applied all over the face and neck. After it dries off, it should be rinsed off completely. Glycerine works as a moisturizer for your skin and lemon diminishes the number of dark spots, together making the skin look beautiful and radiant.
Every problem has an answer to it, only you should have the determination to find it with utmost dedication! All the above said home remedies can work wonders and give the most desired outcomes. It is a famous saying – “Good things come to only those who wait!” As per this saying, it is very important to keep in mind that while yearning for a beautiful skin naturally, don’t hope for immediate results within 1-2 weeks. You got to be patient enough to try these skin and hair treatments on a regular basis and for prolonged intervals of time, so as to obtain the best possible outcomes!
One thing to remember is, a balanced diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins, exercise, mental happiness and a healthy lifestyle go a long way in reflecting on the physical attributes of an individual. If there is a problem with the skin or hair, which does not improve with regular home based care or is associated with other health issues, one must seek dermatological intervention before it is late.