Schedule : Monday - Saturday : 10 AM to 8 PM IST | Online Consultation
The silver lining of the pandemic is that nature is reclaiming its turf. The way we look at life is changing, work norms have changed, greetings have changed, and the way we look at skin care has also changed. And dermatologists say that it is time for you to give your skin a break too and let it enjoy the clearer air and reduced stress of commute in these times.
The new normal of wearing a mask and glove and practicing social distancing everywhere has bought home the importance of natural beauty achieved through sleep, exercise, and good healthy food.
Easy, back to basic moves are in when it comes to skincare as the concept of aesthetics has changed. We are focussing more on our internal health and wellness and things that impact the overall complexion rather than just focussing on facial skin. The approach is leaning towards an overall healthy projection rather than just a heavy makeup look.
Consultant dermatologist and dermato-surgeon Dr Rinky Kapoor shares how to start a ‘natural beauty’ routine:
Sleep well and long:
If you don’t sleep enough, it immediately shows up on your skin in the form of puffiness, dullness, dark circles, wrinkles, and tiredness. The reason is the increased stress levels because of lack of sleep. Aim for a minimum of seven hours of sleep every night.
Stick to a workout routine:
Moderate exercise of 45 minutes a day, thrice a week will help keep your skin young and glowing. You don’t have to over exert, just make a routine, and stick with it and you will see the difference soon. Give 10 minutes a day to face exercise to firm up your neck, jaw and chin.
Protect yourself from the sun:
Want to sit near the window to enjoy the warmth of the sun? Don’t forget to cover your exposed skin with sunscreen. If you are walking to the grocery store, then stick to the shady side of the street. Protect yourself when you go out with an umbrella, dupatta or even a hat. UV rays are the biggest ageing instigators. They bring about sunspots, tan, thin the skin, and reduce the collagen. Protect yourself as much as you can.
This may sound blah as it is actually something very basic but it is essential. Drinks sips of water at regular intervals. Include foods such as cucumbers, tomatoes, cauliflower, grapefruit, and watermelon in your diet as they are loaded with water content. Hydration is the moisture magnet that your skin needs constantly.
Bust the stress:
Stress leads to over production of hormone cortisol, which leads to dry skin, wrinkles, and dullness. Take one day at a time, relax, and organize work and home in easy steps.
Take care of your skin everyday:
Because we are not going out as we used to does not mean our skin does not need care.
EMBRACE NATURAL EASY WAYS OF SKINCARE AT HOME:
Bring about your skin’s natural beauty by embracing the natural easy to follow ways at home
• Exfoliate with a homemade mix of salt, sugar, honey, and coconut oil. Slough off the dead skin twice a week.
• Cut some grapes in half and rub them on your face for clear skin.
• Keep your eye cream in the fridge before using it. A chilled eye cream will relieve tired eyes.
• Facial masks are more effective when the pores are open. Apply a papaya facemask when half way through the shower and let it sit for five minutes before rinsing.
• Replace regular moisturizer with one with sun protection.
• In a spray bottle mix 1 tablespoon of sea salt with 200ml of water and add 8 drops of lavender oil to it. Shake well and lightly spritz on damp hair, let it air dry and voila! Naturally tousled waves and bounce in hair.
• Use green tea and shea butter styling creams to protect your hair from chemicals and free radicles.
• Strengthen your hair with a mayo mask: Take half a cup of mayo and spread it from root to tips on wet hair. Rinse after 15 minutes and shampoo as normal.
Article Source - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/give-your-skin-a-break-and-go-au-naturel/articleshow/78378595.cms
Dr. Debraj Shome is Director and Co founder of The Esthetic Clinics. He has been rated amongst the top surgeons in India by multiple agencies. The Esthetic Clinics patients include many international and national celebrities who prefer to opt for facial cosmetic surgery and facial plastic surgery in Mumbai because The Esthetic Clinics has its headquarters there.