Dark circles, also known as periorbital circles, periorbital hyperpigmentation or periorbital melanosisis are dark blemishes around the eyes.They may or may not be associated with undereye puffiness, bags, malar festoons etc.
What are the causes of dark circles?
There are commonly two types of dark circles:
The Blue circles are formed due to pooling of oxygenated blood in under-eye skin. As skin on this part is very thin, so blood shows through. However brown/black dark circles are most commonly found. They result due to hyperpigmentation of skin around the eye.
They can be caused by a myriad of factors:
2) Lack of sleep
3) Atopic diasthesis – sinus disorders, asthma
6) Medicines put in the eyes for glaucoma etc.
7) Immune disorders like dermatomyositis
8) eye strain due to insufficient sleep, long hours of computer work, etc.
9) Under eye volume loss and wrinkling due to aging, drastic weight loss
10) Hormone related disorders like acanthosis nigricans
Associated under eye puffiness could be due to :
1) Water retention as in premenstrual
2) Renal dysfunction
4) Excessive salt intake
5) Thyroid disorders
6) Undereye fat prolapse
7) Lymphatic insufficiency or stasis
10) Pulmonary disease
How can dark circles be prevented?
1) Getting enough sleep is the best preventive measure.
2) Cessation of smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
3) Avoiding allergens which are substances that stimulate allergic reactions
4) Giving intermittent rest to the eyes during long working hours
5) Iron rich diet
6) Use of medically advised under eye creams containing Hyaluronic acid, and natural skin lightening agents
See, Dark Circle Treatment Video-
Dark Circles Under Eye TreatmentDark Circles Under Eye Treatment in Mumbai India By Botox & Juvederm Filler Injections
What are the available treatments?
1) Treatment of the underlying cause if detected.
2) Topical hydroquinone, often mixed in some moisturizer other topical agents like kojic acid, ascorbic acid, retinoids, Arbutin, peptides, liquorice etc.
3) Mesotherapy may be occasionally effective.
4) Home remedies like milk, potato peel applications are popular.
5) Chemical peels like Arginine peels, lactic peels etc.
6) Pigment reduction laser treatments may also be effective depending on the cause. For treatment of blue under eye circles, intense pulsed light therapy or pulse dye laser may be suggested to reduce these circles.
7) Filler/Fat injections may also be recommended.in case of dark circles due to undereye volume loss
8) Undereye b o t u l i n u m t o x i n is advised if there are wrinkles and fine lines under the eyes, causing the darkening.
9) In most of the cases, eyelid surgery also known as blepharoplasty, is generally the most effective method if there are associated undereye bags.Best performed by a well trained Oculoplastic surgeon
10) Acugel or hydrafacial treatment for under eye dark circles has also been used. Acugel is a portable device based on iontophoresis which helps to deliver the active ingredients deep into the area of skin where the medication is generally required. This treatment improves blood circulation and reduces edema that caused under eye puffiness. Usually 6-8 sessions may be required, depending on the depth of skin involved. However, each session is only of about 20-30 minutes. Generally this procedure is avoided in patients with pacemakers.
11) If there are malar festoons, a combination of fractional co2 laser treatment with fillers or other applications may help, though it is a really difficult problem to treat.
What must one remember while undergoing these treatments?
1) None of the treatments is uniformly effective and there is always a need for combined approaches to the management of dark circles.
2) Most effective treatment occura when underlying cause is determined.
3) Every skin is different, just like every individual is unique.One must have realistic expectations and not get carried away by advertisements, results obtained in other patients, celebrities etc.
4) A trained expert Cosmetic dermatologist with ample years of experience should be your treating physician.
Dark Circles Treatment Before After Photos, See the Patient Result-
What is the cost of Dark Circles Treatment?
They say eyes are the window to the soul. Stressful lifestyles, environmental pollution and sun exposure may cause unsightly dark circles which mar your face and dull your eyes’ sparkle. Cosmetic surgery is a way to get these imperfections treated. Dark circle treatment is one such treatment that can lighten or eliminate dark circles.
Having decided to undergo dark circle treatment, you must definitely want to find out the cost of the procedure. The cost of dark circle treatment varies from person to person, and the number of sittings that you will need to lighten your under-eye area. However, since your eyes are very delicate, you should not decide where to undergo treatment on the basis of cost alone. Choose a reputed cosmetologist and clinic to undergo your procedure.
At The Esthetic Clinic, we strive to maintain very high quality medical facilities for skin care treatment and cosmetic surgery. Our medical head, Dr. Rinky Kapoor, is an internationally trained dermatologist who has trained several celebrities and film stars. Highly trained staff, state of the art equipment and the latest techniques are used to deliver your cosmetic treatments to full effect and maximum safety.
Improving our appearance is a goal that we all tend to have. At The Esthetic Clinic, we have helped several patients undergo treatments that make them feel younger, and more fulfilled. If you have made up your mind to undergo dark circle treatment, The Esthetic Clinic is the right place for you.
Facilities at The Esthetic Clinic-
Quality patient care is provided through well trained specialist Dermatologist as well as Plastic surgeon who give customized expert advice and personally perform treatments with the latest technology and techniques in treating any disease/cosmetic concern available worldover
About Dr. Rinky Kapoor
Dr. Rinky Kapoor, Co-founder of The Esthetic Clinic, is one of the best dermatologists in the world & currently practices in Mumbai, India. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Trichologist at S L Raheja Fortis Hospital, Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is trained at the National Skin Centre, Singapore & at Stanford University, USA. A celebrity skin doctor, Dr. Rinky Kapoor has won many honors such as “Best Dermatologist Mumbai”, “Top 10 Cosmetologist India”, etc for her evidence based expert dermatology care, affordable & reliable skin care, hair care & nail care …Read more
E: email@example.com | M: +91 9004671379