Unwanted hair on the face and body is one of the commonest problems and can be a question of distress for men and women, both. Waxing, shaving or tweezing, etc. are some of the types of treatments that can help in removing unwanted hair on a temporary basis. However, if you want long term freedom from hair removal, it may be worth considering laser hair removal.
What are the causes of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal can be classified into the following two conditions:
1) Hirsutism – In this condition, there occurs excessive growth of hair in women, but in a male pattern – such as the moustache, beard or in lower abdominal area. The excessive hair growth may be due to hormonal imbalance (polycystic ovarian disease), tumors or heredity.
2) Hypertrichosis – This condition is characterized by excessive growth of hair on body in normal female hair bearing areas. The cause of which may be malnutrition, hormone imbalance, metabolic problems or tumours, medications.
- Social embarrassment
- Low self-esteem and depression
- Career limitations
- Fertility issues in case of underlying hormone disorders if any
What are the treatments available to remove excessive body hair?
Various forms of treatment are available to get rid of excess hair including:
1) Medication – drugs such as oral c o n t r a c e p t i v e s, s p i r o n o l a c t o n e and f l u t a m i d e are used to prevent excess hair growth by acting on the various hormones that promote hair growth and their receptors.
2) Waxing – although not exactly a form of treatment, it helps to reduce the amount of hair.
5) Topical hair reduction creams like e f l o r n i t h i n e h y d r o c h l o r i d e
6) Laser hair removal
What are the indications for laser hair removal?
3) Some men may be unhappy with their thick hairy skin and may consider laser hair removal for a clean look.
4) Patients who have a repeated hair infections or follicultis after shaving, example in the beard area, or those who have recurrent perianal infections due to a pilonidal sinus must consider laser hair removal.
What are the types of Lasers used?
1) Lasers such as the Ruby, alexandrite, diode,Nd YAG and intense pulsed light are used for laser hair removal treatments.
2) Generally lasers work best with light skin and dark haired individuals, since the light emitted is not well absorbed by the surrounding skin in fairer skin. However, laser devices with longer wavelengths, viz. Nd:YAG lasers, treat darker skin complexions.
How does the laser work?
1) The laser selectively targets and burns the dark melanin pigment in the hair and damages the hair follicle permamently.
2) Lasers effectively treat bigger areas of unwanted hair with minimal discomfort to the patient and lesser complications as compared to other methods of hair reduction.
3) More lasers are furnished with a cooling device that helps to reduce discomfort and protects the topmost layer of skin from getting overheated and probable changes in pigmentation.
What should be done after the treatment?
Irritation of the skin, causing itching and a burning sensation may occur which settles in 1-2 days.There may be swelling around the hair follicles, blisters or redness in the treated area for 1-2 days post treatment.Rarely, high doses especially in dark coloured skin can cause post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
at The Esthetic clinic, After the treatment, the area of skin that has been treated needs to be protected from sunlight and UV rays. This can be done by applying sunscreen when going outdoors.
It is advisable to avoid bleaching, waxing few days before the next session so that the doctor knows the exact status of regrowing hair after the last laser session.
Are the results permanent?
The reduction of hair with this laser treatment are permanent, ensuring that the hairs do not grow again, provided underlying causative factors are treated and controlled.
What are the points to remember before undergoing this treatment?
1) Laser hair removal is a medical procedure which requires training and skill to perform and has probable side-effects. Before deciding on to getting laser hair removal, you must check the credentials of the Dermato-surgeon who is going to perform the procedure, carefully.
2) It is mandatory to evaluate for a underlying hormonal imbalance/Polycystic ovarian disease in cases of hirsutism, as the hormonal abnormality must be corrected to achieve effective hair reduction, and the number of treatments required may increase.
3) A month before the procedure, you ought to restrict waxing, plucking, and electrolysis. This is because, the laser aims at the roots of the hair, which are temporarily removed by plucking or waxing.Generally, 8-12 sessions are needed for optimum results.However, patients with hormonal imbalance may need long term treatments. Follow up sessions should be done every 3-4 months that will make the results more permanent, at least for some time following completiin of advised number of treatments
4) It must be understood that Laser gives ‘permanent hair reduction’ and NOT ‘complete hair removal’. The hair growth reduces and becomes finer with subsequent sittings. Re-growth is delayed. Hair becomes lighter, thinner and sparser.
5) Maintainence sessions may be needed after treatment, say 2-3 sessions per year, for 2-3 years to achieve maximum benefit.
6) White hair cannot be treated.
7) If the does and the duration of laser is not appropriate, there can be paradoxical hair growth occurring wherein , lthinner but longer hair starts growing in the treated areas.
What are the benefits of laser thair reduction?
1) Laser Hair Removal Treatment is non invasive
2) Surrounding areas are not damaged.
3) Laser hair treatment is a relatively fast procedure since many strands of hair can be treated simultaneously.
4) It is permanent hair reduction and does away with lifelong waxing, threading, epilation etc.
5) The only treatment beneficial in patients with recurrent pseudofolliculitis barbae especially in the beard area, and pilonidal sinus.
6) Many of hair removing procedures such as waxing, threading, bleaching etc. are procurable at lower cost, but their cumulative cost over a lifetime is way higher compared to few sessions of laser hair removal which give permament reduction.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Before After Photos, See the Patient Results-
What is the cost of Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
We spend a lot of time and effort in order to bolster our appearance. However, these efforts do not always give us an appearance that we desire. Some imperfections persist even after we spend a lot of time and effort trying to fix them. For these imperfections, cosmetic enhancement is one way to achieve a suitable solution. Unwanted hair on the body is one such imperfection and can be bothersome. Laser hair removal is an answer to this problem.
Laser hair removal is non-invasive and hair will never grow again in the treated areas. It is also a faster process as multiple hairs can be treated at the same time. Before undergoing this treatment, the main question you may have is regarding the cost of the treatment. The cost of laser hair removal treatment varies from person to person based on the number of sittings required to target the unwanted hair. You should choose a reputed skin clinic and dermatologist to carry out your procedure to avoid harmful side effects from the laser, as well as unsatisfactory results.
We, at Esthetic Clinic, will do our best to ensure that your experience of cosmetic enhancement with us is as perfect as possible. Dr. Rinky Kapoor, our medical head, is vastly experienced and lauded all over the world for her ability as a dermatologist. Our talented and highly qualified staff will ensure that your problem of unwanted hair is taken care of and that you are happy with the outcome of your laser procedure.
The Esthetic Clinic is a great place for your skin-care treatment and cosmetic surgery needs. Our co-founder and head dermatologist, Dr. Rinky Kapoor, is a highly experienced dermatologist who has treated several high profile patients and celebrities. Our staff has the necessary skills to administer Laser Hair Removal Treatment effectively. So, if you want to get rid of that unwanted hair and improve your appearance, The Esthetic Clinic is the right place for you.
Facilities at The Esthetic Clinic
Quality patient care is provided through well trained specialist Dermatologist as well as Plastic surgeon who give customized expert advice and personally perform treatments with the latest technology and techniques in treating any disease/cosmetic concern available worldover.
We are the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India
If getting rid of unwanted hair is on your mind, finding the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India may be something you want to do. Why use depilatory creams when The Esthetic Clinics, the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India, are available? With the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India, you can get rid of unwanted hair forever. If you come to the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India, you don’t have to deal with fortnightly waxing sessions anymore.
Getting rid of unwanted hair at the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India is now possible, with Dr. Rinky Kapoor, the top dermatologist at The Esthetic Clinics. The best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India is now more accessible than ever. With reasonable prices at the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India, coming to us just makes more sense. Come to the best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India and enjoy your hair—but only in the right places. The best laser hair removal clinic in Mumbai, India will let you wear the clothes you want, without worrying about unwanted hair!
About Dr. Rinky Kapoor
Dr. Rinky Kapoor, Co-founder of The Esthetic Clinic, is one of the best dermatologists in the world & currently practices in Mumbai, India. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Trichologist at S L Raheja Fortis Hospital, Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is trained at the National Skin Centre, Singapore & at Stanford University, USA. A celebrity skin doctor, Dr. Rinky Kapoor has won many honors such as “Best Dermatologist Mumbai”, “Top 10 Cosmetologist India”, etc for her evidence based expert dermatology care, affordable & reliable skin care, hair care & nail care …Read more
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: +91-22-33756374