Anti Aging – Skin Rejuvenation & Tightening
‘Fifty is the new thirty’ is now possible through cosmetic skin rejuvenation techniques. Skin disorders, sun damage, inherent ageing, heredity, pollution, stress, hormones, lifestyle diseases etc. can all result in scars, sun spots and freckles, wrinkles, sagging, volume loss, uneven pigmentation etc. Aging is the natural way by which the cells become older. Biological changes, including progressive deterioration in the cellular function & durability due to molecular damage associated with retarded replication potentiate the cellular aging.
What are the causes of Aging?
- Genetic factors: Loss of DNA repairing capability & growth arrest state of the body cells with age are considered as intrinsic factors responsible for aging.
- Environmental Factors: Deficiency of antioxidants, excessive exposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays, metabolic diseases, lack of exercise, stress and environmental toxins are major risk factors for aging.
Non surgical skin rejuvenation or transformation treatments help to:
1) Improve skin elasticity and tone
2) Remove lines and wrinkles
3) Scrape off unsightly skin pigmentation and blemishes
in a rapid and easy manner, without the need to go under the knife.
What are the anti aging procedures available?
Though surgical procedures like face lifts, platysmaplasty for neck sagging, liposuction for double chin, blepharoplasty for the under eye dark circles, implants like cheek and chin implants, may have to be used in advanced stages, and have their own place in rejuvenation, they are almost always combined with non surgical measures to achieve the best results by improving the health and quality of the skin and regeneration of fresh collagen.
Following non-surgical Skin rejuvenation treatments are available:
1) Microdermabrasion: Also called ‘party facial’ or ‘skin polishing’ for temporary glow to the skin by removing the uppermost layer of the skin.
2) Chemical peels: Chemical solutions applied to the skin to peel off upper damaged skin layers to reveal fresher skin below. Superficial peels are glycolic and salicylic peels. Deeper peels like phenol peels are not advisable since there is a huge risk of complication in darker Indian skin.
3) Mesotherapy with a cocktail of ingredients like Hyaluronic acid, organic Silicium, b o t u l i n u m t o x i n etc., the claims and benefits of which are not substantiated.
4) Laser & light treatments:
– Intense pulse light (Photofacial): Various wavelengths of light given to the skin to give an even complexion. Needs repeated treatments to sustain effect. Effects are superficial.
– Fractional resurfacing: Performed by ablative as well as non ablative lasers. Non ablative ones are the diode and erbium glass lasers (eg. Fraxel) with moderate efficacy.
Ablative laser like the carbon dioxide laser and the erbium YAG lasers are most effective. They can be manipulated to reach the required depth, superficial or deep, to achieve significant results. They are capable of achieving total transformation with a few sessions and followed by yearly maintenance sessions. Downtime of a week is expected, but if performed appropriately the side effects are minimal.Yearly maintainence treatments are advised to maintain results.
5) Radiofrequency techniques: Fractional (eg. EMatrix) and non fractional devices (eg. Theramge, Aluma)are available which can help achieve good tightening of the skin, by delivering heat to the deeper layers of the skin causing the collagen to contract, though they do not work as well for the blemishes and imperfections associated with damaged skin. Yearly maintenance treatments are advised to maintain results.
6) Non surgical facelift by Ultrasonic devices like the ULTHERA, which are the latest in non surgical skin lift procedures requiring one or two sessions only, followed by yearly maintenance sessions, though the cost is phenomenally high currently.Results are not instant and appear over time. Yearly maintenance treatments are advised to maintain results.
7) B o t u l i n u m t o x i n and Hyaluronic acid fillers: Required for dynamic wrinkles in the upper half of the face, and static lines on the face, respectively, these have great synergy with the fractional ablative laser treatments and are almost always used in combination for best effects. They give an almost instant and immediate improvement and have a high patient satisfaction rate. They need to be repeated over a period of time; however, longer lasting fillers are now available in the market.
These techniques though easy to perform can cause facial paralysis and deform the face if not done accurately.
8) Volume enhancement with volumising fillers like calcium hydroxyapatite and Autologous fat are required in cases of volume loss which makes the face look much older than the age, like the under-eye hollows, temporal hollows and the cheek volume loss.
What are the points one needs to remember before deciding to undergo anti aging treatments?
1) All above techniques are being increasingly used for hand, neck, calf, feet, breast rejuvenation also.
2) Combinations of these treatments are required in most cases, which will be best decided by your treating dermatologist.
3) Maintenance is required with every treatment as aging is a dynamic and continuous process, and it continues throughout life. One can improve appearance and delay the process of aging, but cannot eliminate it completely.
4) Every skin is different, just like every individual is unique.One must have realistic expectations and not get carried away by advertisements, results obtained in other patients, celebrities etc.
5) A trained expert Cosmetic dermatologist with ample years of experience should be your treating physician.
Are there any side effects of the above therapies?
As long as they are performed by a trained and experienced dermatologist, and the right treatment is selected for you as per your skin requirements, the above treatments can only have beneficial effects.
How can aging be delayed?
For a start, avoiding excessive exposure to sunlight and using sunscreen and moisturizers helps as does healthy diet and exercise, to maintain a radiant skin i
Do anti-aging creams help?
Many Anti-aging creams are available in the market that promise more than they can deliver. Before using such creams, you should consult a physician or a dermatologist to determine if they are right for you. Topical anti-ageing agents like retinoids, Hyaluronic acid, growth factor peptides, botanicals etc. are essential part of the antiaging therapy in addition to one or more of the above as advised by your dermatologist. Some oral agents like collagen powder, are available but their benefit is not known.
Anti Aging Treatment Before After Photos, See the Patient Results-
What is the cost of Anti Aging Treatment?
How we look is a significant worry for all of us. Once in a while, we all tend to get insecure about the way we look. One way to get rid of this insecurity is to invest in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgery is a proven way of improving your appearance and enhancing your self-esteem. Appearing old can be upsetting for all of us. Anti-aging treatment is a proven way to combat the problem of aging, and get our youthful appearance back.
If you have decided to undertake the anti-aging cosmetic procedure, your first thought will be the cost. The cost of anti-aging cosmetic procedure depends upon a number of factors, chiefly the type of treatment you choose. However, choosing the lowest price of the cheapest option can heighten the risk factor of inferior results and health problems. Therefore, you should carefully consider the medical centre and cosmetologist you choose to get your treatment from.
The Esthetic Clinic is an excellent choice for your anti-aging treatment. Dr. Rinky Kapoor, our co-founder, is one of the foremost medical minds in the field of dermatology and practices in Mumbai. She along with the rest of her highly trained and motivated staff will ensure that you look younger after the course of your cosmetic treatment, and make sure that you are extremely satisfied with your results.
The Esthetic Clinic is a specialised medical centre for skin-care treatment and cosmetic surgery. Our leading dermatologist, Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a highly experienced cosmetologist with several awards and recognitions to her name. Our surgeons have the necessary skills and ability to ensure that your cosmetic needs are met, thus giving you the peace of mind that comes from being absolutely satisfied with your appearance.
Facilities at The Esthetic Clinic
Quality patient care is provided through well trained specialist Dermatologist – Dr. Rinky Kapoor as well as Plastic surgeon who give customized expert advice and personally perform treatments with the latest technology and techniques in treating any disease/cosmetic concern available worldover.
About Dr. Rinky Kapoor
Dr. Rinky Kapoor, Co-founder of The Esthetic Clinic, is one of the best dermatologists in the world & currently practices in Mumbai, India. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Trichologist at S L Raheja Fortis Hospital, Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is trained at the National Skin Centre, Singapore & at Stanford University, USA. A celebrity skin doctor, Dr. Rinky Kapoor has won many honors such as “Best Dermatologist Mumbai”, “Top 10 Cosmetologist India”, etc for her evidence based expert dermatology care, affordable & reliable skin care, hair care & nail care …Read more
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: +91 9004671379