“A SMILE IS AN INEXPENSIVE WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR LOOKS.”
Smile makeover or reconstruction is the process of improving the appearance of the smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental veneer, composite etc.
When do you need a Smile Makeover/ Smile Reconstruction?
What is that you like or dislike about your smile or your teeth? The indication for smile makeover could be:
- Want to improve the appearance
- Have deeper dental problems may be candidate for full mouth rehabilitation.
- Teeth discolouration due to disease or lifestyle.
- Suffers from gap between teeth, both large and small.
- If you have a cavity in any of your front teeth
- Has unusually shaped or misshapen teeth.
- If you have broken or chipped teeth.
- If you have gummy smile or have too low or too high gums.
- Any combination of these characteristics means you may be a good candidate for smile makeover.
Aesthetic component of smile makeover:
A smile makeover is a cosmetic and dental procedure that rejuvenates the lip, teeth and cheeks. In depends upon the extent of work to be done. It transforms your smile and takes away the obvious aging shown by your teeth; hence they called smile makeover.
What are common procedures used for Smile Makeover or Reconstruction?
There are different treatments and combinations that are recommended depending on the requirement of the patient, some of them are:
- TEETH WHITENING is the most common procedure in cosmetic dentistry! It is a painless, non-invasive procedure. It can do to restore the shine and beauty of your smile, even minimize the appearance of small imperfections. It’s a low cost smile makeover in India.
- TOOTH COLOURED FILLING can be used to improve the appearance of the smile at a low cost while offering good clinical performance.
- PORCELAIN VENEERS AND PORCELAIN CROWNS can solve many of your smile problems! Porcelain veneer is a very thin, customized covers for the front tooth surfaces. They are one of the most popular and effective procedures offered by cosmetic dentist. It last for many years.
- DENTAL BONDING It covers flaws and protects your teeth using a white composite resin. It is a pliable substance which hardens into a sturdy restoration and blend well with your natural tooth enamel. The shape and colour of your teeth can be improved, and damage can be repair all in onc procedure.
- IMPLANT- one of the most commonly used procedure nowadays during the smile makeover. Specifically use depends on condition of jaw bone and the age of the patient.
- ORTHODONTICS (BRACES) serve to straighten crooked or badly arranged teeth. invisible, as the name suggests, is an invisible braces system, made of a series of about 12 to30 transparent plastic trays (each one works as a “straighter” version of the last one), needs to be worn all day, except while eating and brushing your teeth! The trays fit neatly over the teeth, so they are really not noticeable and do not affect speech.
- ORAL MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY includes Full Mouth Rehabilitation Surgery, Crown-Lengthening etc.
- GUMMY SMILE REDUCTION: Gingivectomy and gum contouring comes under it.
What are the steps involved in Smile- Makeover/ Smile Reconstruction?
- First step is a series of photographic images will be taken to guide the team through the treatment plan and the counselling of the patient. There is proper counselling sessions for it.
- After that taken the impression of upper and lower arch for accurate study model. Than an analysis of your smile (the teeth and the surrounding soft tissues) and make a treatment plan.
- Then apply the any of the procedure according to the patient requirement like- dental crown, bleaching, braces, composite (tooth coloured) veneers or restorations etc.
- Temporary /Provisional restorations will be given.
- And then finally fix the final ceramic restorations will be done by your smile team.
- Periodical Recalls are to be followed up with your dental Clinics, Mumbai to ensure that both you and your new smile are doing well!
Recovery After Smile Makeover
- While some of the dental procedures only take a few hours or days to achieve and recover from, the others may take time to heal, recover and see the final result.
- Teeth alignment with the use of braces may take months and even years to see the overall effect of the procedure. Application of veneers, crowns and inlays/onlays may only take days to weeks.
- The different stages and steps, risks and recovery period of a full smile makeover will be discussed with you by the dentist.
- Expect some aches and pains here and there during the recovery process. Prescription pain relievers can take away the pain and common home remedies such as warm water gargles and use of soft toothbrush can help during this stage.
- A few visits to the dentist during and after your smile makeover process is essential to achieve the final goal. The last step will be the final assessment and you are ready to smile your way back home.
Smile Makeover Benefits
- Smile makeovers do make a difference in anybody’s life and has couple of benefits. There are health benefits as well as aesthetic ones.
- The health benefits include less risk of overloaded or worn down teeth, and teeth that are easier to clean and care for. Teeth that have been straightened, repaired or replaced mean less risk of decay and infections.
- On the aesthetic side of things, your teeth will look and feel so much better. You will have a clear, white smile which will improve your confidence and wellbeing.
- A smile makeover can help to restore the youthful beauty of your entire face, and even improve your posture.
- A beautiful smile will boost your self-confidence.
Smile Reconstruction Post care
Whitening must be repeated on occasion in order to maintain brightness. Porcelain veneers may chip or break off and need replacement. Permanent composite bonding may stain and require enhancement or replacement. Dental crowns typically require replacement after 10 to 15 years. Gummy smile improvements may also require enhancement over time.
Your ceramist, lab technician and the materials chosen by your dentist also impact the longevity of your smile makeover. To achieve Cosmetic dentistry procedures require regular oral hygiene care and may require maintenance over time. For example, teeth the best results, take special care in selecting your cosmetic dentist and inquiring about your material options.
Your oral health must be evaluated before a cosmetic dentist develops a plan for your smile makeover. Your dentist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth, gums, underlying support structure and bite (occlusion) to determine candidacy for a smile makeover. If your evaluation reveals that you have an oral health problem – such as a misaligned bite (malocclusion) or gum disease – you will need to have that taken care of first.
In case of any problems or concerns, your Smile Reconstruction team at The Aesthetic Clinics, Mumbai will be there to help and guide you!
What is the smile makeover Price in Mumbai?
WE offers unique “Customized Treatment Packages” tailor made on individual basis which suits the need of patient. We follow the best dental practices and procedures of the highest quality and standards along with innovative new techniques to ensure that the patients get the best treatment. Be assured, our Dental Clinic in Mumbai gives importance to proper patient counselling and after care services.
Why choose The Esthetic Clinics, Mumbai?
The main challenge that your smile makeover dentist faces is recreating a smile that will match your facial appearance as well as your individual personality i.e. it should not look made up! The Dental Aesthetic team at The Esthetic Clinics includes experienced cosmetic dentist, technicians and specialist plastic and cosmetic surgeons which make sure that the promised results come with your comfort and guaranteed full recovery. For a treatment to go smooth one needs a combination of expertise, up to date technology, world-class procedures, environment to heal and this is what we ensure on your behalf so, that the only thing you have to worry about is the next cuisine you going to try post healing!
Do we have to say more to call or visit The Esthetic Clinics, Mumbai for a treatment that will prioritise your satisfaction over everything else!