Schedule : Monday - Saturday : 10 AM to 8 PM IST (By Appointment only)
Pigmentation - is a Latin word in origin; which in Medicine generally refers to the deposition of a pigment in a tissue leading to coloration of that tissue.
Hyperpigmentation is the coloration or darkening of an area of the skin or nails. The Skin contains a particular type of cells called melanocytes that produces a pigment called melanin. Depending upon the amount of pigment produced, the skin undergoes pigmentation. If skin produces too much pigment, it gets darker, a condition known as hyperpigmentation. However, if too little of the pigment is formed by the cells, the condition is known as hypopigmentation.
1) Freckles - Freckles may begin in childhood and can be genetic in nature. They are darkened spots on the skin caused by overproduction of melanin granules by the melanocytes. Seen commonly in fairer skin, people living on high altitudes and sunny areas.
2) Age spots - Also called lentigine or liver spots, these are rounded patches that occur on the skin in the elderly, developing like large freckles.
It is caused by deposition of melanin by the skin color cells referred to as melanocytes. This can be deposited in the upper or lower layers of the skin called the epidermis and dermis respectively. As the melanin accumulates and the body loses its ability to control the activity of the melanocytes hyperpigmentation occurs.
Treatment is available in the form of ointments and oral pills. Other forms of treatment include chemical peeling and laser treatment
Most of the Pigmentation treatment options are quite painless. However, laser treatment may cause minimal discomfort, but the pain is relieved by applying a local anesthetic cream on the area of skin to be treated.
1) Combinations of these treatments are required in most cases, which will be best decided by your treating dermatologist.
2) Maintainence is required with every treatment One can improve appearance and prevent pigmentation by correcting the underlying cause and following aqdequate sun protection measures.
3) Every skin is different, just like every individual is unique.One must have realistic expectations and not get carried away by advertisements, results obtained in other patients, celebrities etc.
4) A trained expert Cosmetic dermatologist with ample years of experience should be your treating physician.
5) Pigmentation does not clear overnight and one has to be patient during therapy
6) Nowadays, patients come in asking for full body skin lightening.There are many products sold over the internet which are very tempting on advertisements making tall claims, however, they may not be scientifically proven and the side effects may be serious.It is advisable not use any products without medical advise as the side effects might be impossible to treat.
7) Generalised skin lightening can be achieved if there is tanning, darkening of some area pf the body relative to the rest, due to external factors, by some medications and applications to a certain extent , and the results need to be maintained for long via continued application.Generally, if maintainence is stopped, the skin may gradually revert back to its original status if one is inherently of darker complexion.
We all spend a considerable amount of time, effort and money on trying to enhance our appearance. But home remedies and cosmetics are effective for treating skin conditions only to a certain point. Cosmetic surgery can be one tool to enhance our appearance and correct any flaws and imperfections which make us feel self-conscious. Pigmentation treatment is one such treatment than can clarify the skin and give us the luminous, even skin tone we have always desired.
If you have decided to undergo pigmentation treatment, you must definitely want to find out the costs associated with the procedure. The cost of pigmentation treatment depends on the type of treatment and the number of sittings required to correct your skin. Do not be tempted to choose a treatment on the basis of cost alone as it may compromise your skin and health.
We, at The Esthetic Clinic, provide a wide range of skin care treatment and cosmetic surgery. Our head dermatologist, Dr.Rinky Kapoor, is a well-known practitioner in Mumbai and has treated many celebrities. Using the latest techniques and high tech equipment, we can assist you in every step of your cosmetic enhancement.
The Esthetic Clinic was started with the intention of treating a wide variety of skin problems and cosmetic reconstruction surgery. Our highly qualified team of specialists, well trained staff and latest equipment will ensure that you are thoroughly satisfied with the results of the procedure.
Quality patient care is provided through well trained specialist Dermatologist as well as Plastic surgeon who give customized expert advice and personally perform treatments with the latest technology and techniques in treating any disease/cosmetic concern available worldover.
Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a cosmetologist as well as is associated with some of the best dermatology hospitals in India. Cosmetology is a mix of the use of art and medicine together in a way that is aesthetically pleasing. She’s amongst the best dermatologist in Mumbai is the fact that she uses the world’s best and latest technological advances to give most natural looking results.