Dry Skin – Causes and Treatment
What is Dry skin?
Skin becomes dry when it loses too much water or oil. This is why skin generally becomes drier as we age, during the winter, and in low-humidity climates. Dry skin can occur at any age and for many reasons.
How should you take care of your skin if it is dry?
- Shaving – It is best to shave after bathing when hair are soft. To minimize the irritating effects of shaving (face or legs) on dry skin, make sure you use a shaving cream or gel. Allow the product to remain on the skin approximately 3 minutes before starting, and shave in the direction that the hair grows. Changing blades often, most certainly after 5 to 7 shaves, also will help minimize the irritating effects of shaving.
- Avoid Hot Water – Hot water removes your natural skin oils more quickly; warm water is best for bathing.
- Use A Mild Soap – Deodorant bars, strong fragrances in soaps, and products containing alcohol can strip natural oils from the skin. Look for a mild, fragrance-free soap or cleanser that moisturizes.
- Moisturize Immediately After Baths And Showers – Spending more time in the water often leaves your skin less hydrated than before you started. To retain moisture from a bath or shower, apply an ointment or cream while the skin is still moist, within 3 minutes of bathing.
- For severely dry skin, a moisturizer that contains urea or lactic acid may be helpful. The one drawback is that these ingredients can be irritating if you have eczema or cracked skin.
- Keeping your skin well moisturized should improve dry skin. If the dryness worsens despite following the above self-care measures, contact your dermatologist.
What should you do if your skin becomes too dry?
In some people, areas of seriously dry skin can lead to a condition called eczema or dermatitis. When dermatitis is present, your dermatologist may prescribe medication such as a corticosteroid or an immune-modulator. Regularly using a moisturizing lotion or cream can help avoid eczema flares.
What would be the cost of treatment?
In general, a single consultation with Dr. Kapoor would cost you about INR 1000/-.
For more information on Dr. Rinky Kapoor’s work, click on: www.theestheticclinic.com/dr-rinky-kapoor.html
The Esthetic Clinic is a world class center dedicated to skin care and plastic surgery of the entire body – and specializes in housing an experienced Dermatologist, Dr. Rinky Kapoor, who can provide world class Skin Treatments, for skin diseases and make your skin look beautiful. So if you want to go ahead and get your hair, skin, and nails treated, The Esthetic Clinic is the best option for you.
About Dr. Rinky Kapoor
Dr. Rinky Kapoor, Co-founder of The Esthetic Clinic, is one of the best dermatologists in the world & currently practices in Mumbai, India. Dr. Rinky Kapoor is a Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Trichologist at S L Raheja Fortis Hospital, Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is trained at the National Skin Centre, Singapore & at Stanford University, USA. A celebrity skin doctor, Dr. Rinky Kapoor has won many honors such as “Best Dermatologist Mumbai”, “Top 10 Cosmetologist India”, etc for her evidence based expert dermatology care, affordable & reliable skin care, hair care & nail care …Read more
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M:+91-22-33756374