Schedule : Monday - Saturday : 10 AM to 8 PM IST (By Appointment only)
In a natural process, our body detoxifies itself every day through the liver and kidneys. However even the ancient practices of Ayurveda and Chinese medicine systems recommend making a determined effort to detoxify the body on a regular basis.
Detoxing is our body’s way of recharging itself, just like a cell phone and other electronic gadgets. Just the way a cell phone slows down when there are too many applications on it cluttering the space and the RAM, our body slows down when it is cluttered with toxins, tensions, thoughts and pressures of everyday life. Deleting the applications that you don’t need will speed up your phone and removing unwanted toxins and pressures from your body will relax and rejuvenate your body leaving you feeling energetic and ready to tackle anything.
Detox means cleansing your blood. Detoxification works on the cell level of the body and therefore it is extremely effective. A detox program can help you uplift your mental as well as physical health in a way that you will never stop receiving compliments for your young looking, glowing skin and healthy, lustrous hair.
Detoxing helps by:
· Regulating the body hormone levels
· Controlling the body weight by sorting and exporting fat
· Reducing cholesterol
· Cleansing the blood
· Improving circulation
· Refuelling the body with healthy nutrients
A simple detox diet and exercise routine done under the guidance of experts can help your body feel refreshed in both the mind and the soul. Here are few simple ways in which you can detoxify your body:
· Include plenty of fibres in your diet.
· Increase your intake of Vitamin C. Ask your doctor about how much you should take.
· Drink lots of water every day without fail. Carry a bottle of water with you and keep sipping every few minutes.
· Do deep breathing exercises
· Keep stress at bay and focus more on positive things in your life.
· Sweat in a sauna to remove waste from body through perspiration
· Opt for detox spas to remove toxins from your pores.
· Exercise in any form that you like.
There are many harmful toxins in our surroundings today in the air we breathe, the water we drink as well as the land we walk on and the fast emerging concern worldwide is the lack of detox among the general population. There are many kinds of detox routines that one can embark on to get the mind body and soul in shape.
As the name suggests this type of detox involves decluttering of your wardrobe. What you wear reflects and affects your mood greatly. If you are dressed well and comfortable, you feel happy and well rested. The basic three steps to a successful wardrobe detox are
Our environmental footprint goes a long way in helping us detox. Studies have shown that millions of tonnes of clothes go in the landfill every year. Your wardrobe detox should help you reduce this wastage.
Remove the clothes and shoes and other items that you have not worn for a long time. The ones that you absolutely love and wear should go back in the wardrobe immediately. For the rest of the pile, recycle and reinvent by experimenting with various styles. Not only will you love the new style, you will feel good about yourself too.
Water is the solution to many problems. A water detox is the best way to start with the detoxification process. It is simple, effective and economical. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water every day. You can add some ingredients such as those mentioned below to make detox water and add it to a water detox jar which can make the water alkaline:
· Blackberry and Orange
· Watermelon and mint
· Cucumber and mint
· Lemon and lime
· Orange and lemon
· Basil, lime and mint
You can make your own detox water by adding your favourite ingredients. Follow a water detox diet of simple three days and you will see the change in:
· Your mood levels
· Your skin complexion
· Mood and energy levels
Skin and Hair Detox
Our skin and hair bear the direct brunt of the external environmental factors as they come in direct contact with them. Therefore, a periodic detox of skin and hair is recommended to keep them healthy and beautiful. Also known as the beauty detox, these kind of detox methods help rejuvenate your skin and hair giving them a kind of rebirth.
The first step is to disassociate your skin and hair from everything. Go without makeup and hair products for two days and just wash with water. The next step is to treat your body to a relaxing spa. Keep in mind that you only go to a certified spa centre and opt for detoxifying spas such as seaweed spas, lymph drainage massages and algae spas. You can also use some exfoliating masks of charcoal, clay, mud, vitamin C etc. These scrubs and spas will help remove the dead cells from the skin and clean from deep inside.
Dermatologists also recommend going for regular fractional carbon dioxide laser treatments, chemical peels and PRP treatments that reverse signs of ageing, tighten sagging skin, remove dark circles under the eyes and remove fine lines around the cheeks, eyes and foreheads. The end result will be a glowing and almost new looking skin.
A hair spa helps make it stronger, healthier, and thicker. Simply follow these simple tips:
· Start by shampooing from the nape and work towards the hairline. This will cleanse the follicles
· Lock away the hair dryer, let your hair dry naturally
· Use dermatologically tested and recommended serums to nourish the hair
· Use deep treatments like Keratin once a week to nourish the hair
· Don’t be afraid to use the natural fixes or home remedies
‘Offline is the new luxury’ is the motto of Digital Detox. Every day in our life, we are surrounded by screens all around us. We carry our phone in our pocket, we are dependent on the GPS of the car to take us where we want to go and smart devices at homes send us reminders for things to do so we don’t have to remember.
Every once in a while we need to put down the screens around us and pick up our life for some spiritual maintenance. A digital detox is a period of time during which a person refrains from using any electronic devices such as smartphones, computers, iPad, kindle, smart TV etc. Digital detox is a great way to reduce stress from our daily lives and focus on live social interactions in the physical world.
Digital detox is the way to go to cleanse your mind of the pressure and stress of social media in your life.
· The first step to digital detox is to declutter your phone. Remove the applications that you have not checked in a while and filter the WhatsApp groups that you don’t participate in.
· Plan the period that you want to detox in.
· Let your friends, family and co-workers know that you are going on a digital detox. Enlist their help and this way they will not feel offended when you don’t reply to their messages instantly.
· Make a list of things that you want to do when you are on the detox such as gardening, revamping your room, going on a holiday, taking up a hobby etc.
· Log off all social media accounts.
· Limit your screen time every day and slowly keep reducing the time.
· Leave your devices at home while going out.
· Put electronic devices out of reach so that you are not tempted to pick them up
· Meditate and relax your mind to help it de-clutter.
Around 34% people of the age group of 16-24 of years in the last year have taken some form of a digital hiatus. A simple digital detox will leave you feeling energetic and refreshed. Statistics have proven that people who have opted for digital detox in their lives have:
· Found the experience liberating
· Seen a boost in their productivity
· Seen better decision making abilities
· Started spending quality time with family and friends
Therefore, if you have not yet tried detox then this is the right time to take the plunge into the chemical free, healthier and a non-digital world for some time!
Dr Rinky Kapoor, a reputed cosmetic dermatologist and co-founder of The Esthetic Clinics, located at Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
Article Source - https://www.hindustantimes.com/health/detox-your-way-to-a-healthier-happier-and-more-energetic-you/story-lAoMUFlJ9wma6LbYuwo7MP.html
Dr. Debraj Shome is Director and Co founder of The Esthetic Clinics. He has been rated amongst the top surgeons in India by multiple agencies. The Esthetic Clinics patients include many international and national celebrities who prefer to opt for facial cosmetic surgery and facial plastic surgery in Mumbai because The Esthetic Clinics has its headquarters there.